Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 8 adds a little kick!

You know, I've realized i'm not the best at 'food blogs' (or blogs for that matter, hah) Why do I keep doing it you ask? Well, I'm not really sure. You could say that I like having my opinion out there in the world, or just the simple fact of me liking to communicate.  Either way, here I am rambling/writing!

SO, I'm going to try and explain the recipe a bit more & see how that does! Thanks for sticking with me :) 



Our dish of the day = Kung Pao Chicken
This dish came out well, it was my first time attempting it & the recipe I used was fantastic.  
(side note: When it comes to the amount of red pepper flakes, I used 1 tsp & the spice level was really high.  It calls for 1/4 up to 1 1/2, so decide according to your tolerance)

Ingredients: 

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp sesame oil (or veggie oil)
3 tbsp green onions, chopped with tops
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4- 1 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes 
1/2 tsp powdered ginger (can use fresh grated if you'd like, that is what I used)
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar (if you can't find 'rice wine' you can use 'rice vinegar)
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp sugar
1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts (I roasted them in a skillet first to bring out the flavor)
4 cups cooked rice, hot

Directions:

Combine chicken & cornstarch in a small bowl, toss to coat.  Heat oil on medium heat, add chicken and stir fry 5-7 minutes until the centers are no longer pink.

Remove Chicken from pan & set aside.  In the same pan add onions, garlic, red pepper and ginger; stir fry for 15 seconds. Remove from heat. Combine vinegar, soy sauce and sugar in a bowl. Whisk together. Add to skillet, return chicken to skillet.  Stir until chicken is well coated.  Stir in nuts, heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally.

For the rice, I had a friend teach me how to make it perfectly the day she screwed it up :) Gotta love when that happens!
In a pot melt about 3 tbsp of butter over medium heat, once melted add 3 cups of rice. Stir until rice in completely coated.  Once coated add 6 cups of water (when making rice it is always 1 part rice 2 parts water). Stir slightly until even and let cook. You do not want to stir it while it is cooking.  Once all the water has cooked out & rice is done stir slightly and serve!

Place a good amount of rice on a plate and top with the Kung Pao chicken :)

This is how it looks when you know...it's done :)

(Thanks for reading)

感谢您的阅读 Gǎnxiè nín de yuèdú

[ I got this off of google...don't judge me :) ]










No comments:

Post a Comment